Tuesday 19 May 2015

A week in the desert - a week in the gym

I have spent the past week in Dubai.

In a gym.

On an exercise bike.

OK, so maybe not the entire week in the gym, I did an hour a day, 15 miles average per hour which I was happy with.

Exercise bikes are incredibly dull. Especially out there in the immense heat with air conditioned gyms and a view of the desert.

I was amazed to drive by a 'Cycle Hub' shop in Motor City. Even more amazed to see some people (not many, maybe 3 or 4 the whole week I was there) out cycling. Two of them were in the early morning and two were in the middle of the day. It was 45c that day. Kudos to them!

So I got 75 miles done but its just not the same. When I got back to my bike I actually gave it a hug. Don't care who knows it either. I love that bike!

Can't wait to get back on it this week.

Kimberley

No comments:

Post a Comment