Monday 15 June 2015

Reunited and it feels so good...

I have my bike back! It's been in for its service and repairs and I took it out on Saturday morning for a spin - 27.3 miles and a trip to St John's Chapel later I came back thrilled to bits. I was thrilled to have my bike back but also thrilled at how it felt - the brakes were better - the gear change was smoother - it was the best ride in ages.

Also good was the fact that the dreaded St John's Chapel ride is starting to feel easier. I have done it six times now. I think that my ride into work last week (and up the ridiculously steep hills out of Weardale) has really put things into perspective for me. This weekend the ride was definitely easier.

I am taking part in the National Bike Challenge with my employer - they are getting staff to sign up to do at least one bike ride (at least 10 minutes long). It is a competition to get more people cycling with some great prizes for the organisation that gets the most people on their bikes!

I've signed up and have challenged colleagues to do the same!

Why not check if your employer is taking part here

I'm spreading the word throughout my small corner of the University :)

Hoping for some nice weather this week for a nice ride to Stanhope after work.

Happy cycling to all

Kimberley



No comments:

Post a Comment