Tuesday 28 July 2015

A trip to the reservoir...

On Sunday I went to my usual Pilates class to stretch out the muscles and push my self to get a stronger core. 

After the class I felt like taking a bike ride whilst my energy was up & it was a lovely day. Nice and sunny and warm. 

I took a new route up to the local reservoir and it was glorious. It's only an 8 mile round trip from my house but it's hilly & a challenging ride. I actually had to get off on the final hill and walk but I think that was because I had already done Pilates. I always worried about the short steep hills on the way up to the reservoir so I'd never attempted it on bike before. 

I made it up there in 25 minutes which was impressive I thought. I sat with the bike beside me at the side of the water for a long time. Looking at the geese and fishermen out on their boats. It was the most beautiful moment I've had with my bike so far. 





No comments:

Post a Comment