Sunday 8 February 2015

Cyclists are lovely.

Hi again,

I've had a bit of a disaster this morning.

It's a stunning day in Weardale its very sunny and feels quite mild. I wanted to get up to Stanhope again today but that didn't happen.

Just outside of Wolsingham I got a flat tire - I pulled onto the verge and tried to pump it back up - I have a topeak pocket rocket mini pump (te hee) and I stupidly have not had any trial runs using it - I don't know whether it was me being stupid/inexperienced or whether it was because I was in a bit of a panic but I had such an issue getting the pump to fix onto the presta that I had just about given up when a kind cyclist who happened to be driving past stopped to help me out :)

I had a bit of an audience while trying to fix it...



I am very grateful to Dave who, on successfully getting the pump onto the valve, determined that it was definitely punctured and promptly gave me a lift back to Wolsingham! What a hero! Thank you thank you thank you to that man!

I feel really disappointed that I was not able to get the ride to Stanhope done - I don't have enough time today to fix the tire and get back out on the road because I have an awful lot of work to do for a course for my job. So it will have to wait. I have never (ever) been this disappointed that I have no choice and cannot go and exercise.

My next dilemma is that as a child my brother or my dad always fixed my bike for me, when in Turin my fiancé fixed eveything for me, and it will sound silly but I don't actually know how to fix a puncture. I have a rough idea though from watching them so I'm going to give it a go - thats if I can ever get the tire off! Tough isn't it?

I've had to leave it for now to get this work done but I'll try getting the tyre off later to assess the damage.

On the plus side there were a handful of cyclists out today and every single one of them said hello to me. Between that and Dave the hero I have come to the conclusion that all cyclists are lovely.

Kimberley

No comments:

Post a Comment