Saturday 7 February 2015

On the road again

The weather was so lovely in Durham today - sunny and about 7c - perfect for a ride up the Dale. This was my first ride since Sunday because I've been at work all week and I'm still not keen on riding at night - by the time I get home it's too dark to get out. I've definitely noticed a change so hopefully it won't be long until I can get out on one or two week nights a week as well.

Standard ride to Frosterley done this afternoon - and in my fastest time yet! It gets easier every time I go out!! 

I got out the mountain bike today just as a comparison - it's a nice bike but those gears! The weight of it was a shock as well compared to the Secteur. 


I saw an advert this week for the Roof of England Sportive this August. There are 30, 50 or 90 mile routes. I'm thinking about signing up as then I'll have a concrete goal to work towards. 

I've noticed that when I'm out on the bike most cyclists give you a little wave or a nod which is nice - lovely bunch! 

I'm aiming to get out for longer ride tomorrow - to Stanhope - hopefully a little further too. 

Kimberley 

No comments:

Post a Comment